ORANGE PARK, Fla. – A Jacksonville mom of a few suggests she lost every little thing in a subject of seconds.

In May possibly, Christy McCutchen’s dwelling on the Westside caught fireplace. The hearth ruined her property and every thing that was inside of.

“It was just insane,” McCutchen stated. “I have hardly ever been by means of practically nothing like that. And I do not know anybody else which is been by means of a thing like that.”

McCutchen, a university bus driver, stated the hearth woke her up when she was in bed.

“I heard a loud boom, and I just observed hearth falling, fireplace slipping from in all places,” she claimed.

The mom and her little ones — ages 2, 4 and 14 — all designed it out of the residence. As the fire burned, McCutchen was identified to preserve her property from the flames.

“I just started getting water from the sink with pots,” McCutchen mentioned. “I just couldn’t see all my things go up.”

Firefighters believe that the fireplace started in the attic of the property.

The property is unlivable. The partitions are black from smoke. Insulation covers the household like snow.


“I furnished my whole residence in underneath a 12 months because COVID and every thing took place, and I experienced just started university buses like two weeks just before the hearth happened,” McCutchen reported.

Just after remaining in many accommodations, she’s scrambling to set a roof back above her family’s head.

“I don’t even know what we’re likely to do after tomorrow,” she mentioned.

McCutchen stated that immediately after Friday, she and her young children must be out of their lodge. She’s setup an on line account to increase cash.

Copyright 2021 by WJXT Information4Jax – All rights reserved.