GALLATIN, Tenn. (WKRN) — Robert H. Alexander Jr. has made a lifetime of memories in his Gallatin residence on Santa Monica Blvd., a house that burned down.
“It’s a disaster. I have cried quite a few situations, but that ain’t going to bring very little again that I experienced.”
The 83-12 months-previous acquired the household when he married his wife.
“I was 21. It is been a prolonged time,” claimed Alexander.
Going for walks all around the charred continues to be, it’s apparent Alexander is stuffed with satisfaction for the property he created for his family members.
“I constructed two rooms on the base and place 1 major just one across the best of it. I had my individual toilet and almost everything up there. I experienced place a lot of time and a lot of operate into it.”
In actuality, Alexander even now will work and was on the position when he obtained information of the fireplace Thursday night.
His 1st believed was his eight spouse and children customers inside like 18-yr-outdated Devarius Alexander.
“I obtained a whiff of the smoke,” Devarius describes.
It is then he realized neighborhood young children sparked the flames.
“They were being getting firework wars. Every person was actively playing and taking pictures at each individual other.”
A round hit the dwelling.
“I actually really don’t feel they experimented with to burn down the house,” says Devarius. “It’s just little ones playing close to, and it acquired out of hand.”
Thankfully, Devarius took an elective fireplace security class in large university and recalled what the teacher reported.
“A large amount of the items I employed were from what he taught us. How fireplace moves and timing.”
He sprang into motion.
“I set my siblings in the vehicle,” recalled Devarius, “I could not pull out of the front for the reason that my cousin’s car or truck was there, so I had to just push above the fence.”
Harmless, they watched the fire burn up for hrs.
“The most significant dilemma is there’s not fire hydrants in this group,” states Alexander. “They experienced hearth trucks from different communities heading back again and forth and getting water.”
A complete reduction, the family now sifts via rubble seeking for mementos that make a difference most.
“My brother was a day previous when my Mama handed,” stated Alexander, “And I had images of all of us when we have been minor. That is what hurts me.”
But Alexander says to transfer on, he should not concentration on what he’s misplaced, but relatively the household he has with him these days.
“I’m blessed. I’m definitely blessed and thank the Lord for that.”
If you would like to aid the family, a GoFundMe webpage has been established up.