Comal County Commissioners will take into consideration approving much more development job modify orders and an arrangement to board offenders from yet another county in the course of their weekly conference on Thursday.
They will take into consideration an extra $213,949 for the to start with alterations concerned with Comal County Sheriff’s Office environment renovations that will merge the outdated county jail into the Fellers Regulation Enforcement Center on San Antonio Road.
Most of it will go toward incorporating 20 new places of work in lieu of county owned and put in cubicles.
The complete will be subtracted from county contingency in the $12.434 million challenge, leaving it with $379,000 remaining. It does not adjust the projected sizeable completion day, April 14, 2022.
SpawGlass Contractors, also in demand of that venture, will see $19,850 subtracted from its job contingency in the Courthouse Annex challenge, which will see the county’s share increase by yet another $94,424 immediately after commissioners approve the 10th transform get for that undertaking.
Prior orders have enhanced Annex renovations by $998,759 Thursday’s approval will maximize the price tag to $11.978 million but not influence the sizeable completion date of July 12.
The county will consider an agreement with Coryell County to house its prisoners inside Comal’s new 582-bed lockup, which was 62% occupied on Monday. In February, it accredited an agreement with Hays County to outsource up to 96 offenders as the county finishes increasing its 30-yr-previous lockup.
The county is charging $65 for each working day for every inmate it boards, $20 extra than it paid out exterior entities that boarded excess Comal offenders at the overcrowded former 337-bed jail that will soon be merged into CCSO’s recently renovated headquarters.
Sheriff Mark Reynolds has mentioned the Texas Commission on Jail Criteria has established a 90% threshold for the maximum quantity of offenders inside of the facility. The county, awaiting delays in federal processing, even now wishes to comprehensive a detention solutions settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice to board U.S. Marshal’s Provider offenders in the jail.
Following getting the COVID-19 update, entertaining responses from citizens and reviews from county staffers and elected officers on items of neighborhood fascination, commissioners will also talk about and take into consideration approving:
• Amended plats combining lots in parts of the Canyon Lake Hills, Inland Estates, Rocky Creek Ranch and Rebecca Creek Park subdivisions.
• Acceptance of done street and storm h2o drainage improvements in seven models of Section 3 of the 4S Ranch subdivision, settle for the roadways into the county road system for maintenance and releases of involved developer surety.
• Acceptance of accomplished street and storm water drainage enhancements in just one unit of the Park Village subdivision in Bulverde settle for the streets into the county road process for upkeep and release of involved developer surety.
• A ask for involving use of unclaimed residence funds credits. Texas legislation permits counties to claim a portion of unclaimed capital credits originating from their county and use them for certain courses. The posted agenda did not reveal the company with unclaimed credits or what reasons they would serve the county.
• Texas DPS Legislation Enforcement Help Office (LESO) 1033 Program and Point out Program of Operations agreements in between the state and the CCSO and the Precinct 3 constable’s place of work.
• Employing Justice Court Engineering Funds for the Precinct 4 Justice of the Peace’s order of an Elmo Doc Camera.
Commissioners meet up with at 8:30 a.m. in Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Principal Plaza in New Braunfels. Thursday’s assembly will be live streamed to the community. To entry the video and meeting agenda, take a look at www.co.comal.tx.us/agenda.htm.